Some of the biological sample preparation equipment available for use at CAM.
Please visit CAM: Cryo equipment for more sample preparation facilities.
Reichert-Jung Ultramicrotome (L and M -tome)
Mostly used for trimming and semi thin section for LM examination.
- Automatic feed is available: Approx. 70 nm thickness for ultra-feed and approximately 350 nm thickness for micro feed setting.
- Manual cutting range: 0.5 um, 1um, 1.5um and 2.0um.
- Normal cutting face of sample block is 0.5 x 1mm2 to 1 x 2 mm2.
Leica Ultramicrotome EM UC7 (N-tome)
Ultramicrotome for perfect sectioning at room temperature and cryo-condition.
The Ultramicrotome Leica EM UC7 provides easy preparation of semi- and ultrathin sections as well as perfect, smooth surfaces of biological and industrial samples for TEM and LM examination.
- Fully motorised knife stage and Auto Trim function.
- Brightness controlled multi-LED illumination and LED spot illumination.
With cryo-attachment, you are able to polish frozen samples for cryo-SEM examination.
- Internal chamber illumination.
- Temperature range from -185°C to -15°C.
- Individual temperature setting for specimen, knife and chamber.
- Setting of temperature difference up to 130°C (between knife and specimen).
- Heated chamber walls prevent ice condensation.
Balzers Critical Point Dryer CPD 030
Gentle specimen drying for water-containing biological specimens, without drastically altering their structures.
- Automatic cooling/heating system. (Cooling range, adjustable 2°C to 12°C and heating range, adjustable 30°C to 45°C)
- Specimen chamber: usable volume is 40mm diameter x 36mm and fluid filling is approximately 70 ml.
- Use CO2 (critical point of 73.8 bar and 31°C) as a transitional fluid.
- Flow meter to control outlet of the gaseous transitional agent exiting the CPD.
Leica Glass Knife Maker
Balanced-break glass knife maker for producing 45° glass knives.