This FESEM is used for ultra high resolution application at low and high kV.
It is also used for electron back-scattered diffraction (EBSD), quantitative X-ray analysis, mapping, and variable pressure applications.
- Five-axis motorised stage;
- Turbo and ion pump vacuum system;
- In-lens and below lens secondary electron detectors;
- Angular sensitive backscatter detector (AsB);
- Energy sensitive backscatter detector (EsB);
- Gas injection needle for variable pressure/charge compensation;
- Oxford Instruments INCA x-act EDXA system, 10mm2 Silicon Drift Detector (ATW, 129eV);
- Oxford Instruments HKL EBSP; and an
- IR Chamber scope
All new users receive one-on-one training.
Attending the Introduction to Scanning Electron Microscopy workshop will give users a deeper understanding of SEM and help users to improve the quality of their data.