CAM will be running two workshops in June.
By the end of this course participants are expected to be able to:
- identify the various components making up an SEM
- understand how an SEM works
- understand the processes of signal generation and detection in the SEM
- understand how to optimise the performance of the SEM.
The course will provide participants with:
- an understanding of the basic construction and electron optical principles of TEM
- concepts for conducting selected area electron diffraction experiments and interpreting diffraction patterns
- principles and procedures for carrying out bright field, dark field and 2-beam imaging
- awareness of imaging and diffraction artefacts
- basic strategies for image interpretation and presentation.
Please note, it is compulsory for CAM users to attend the appropriate course.
Places are limited, so please contact CAM if you would like to register for either of these workshops.