*Please note, the date for this workshop has changed to 30th October 2018*
This course will provide participants with the knowledge and skill to:
- set up and use transmission electron microscopes for imaging biological specimens
- collect accurate and meaningful digital images, and
- view different sample preparation techniques for TEM analysis.
Main topics covered
- History of Transmission Electron Microscopy (TEM)
- What is TEM?
- Basic Components
- The electron source
- The electromagnetic lenses
- The Vacuum system
- Magnification and Resolution
- Image formation
- Bright vs. Dark Field Imaging
- Biological Specimen Preparation
- Imaging capabilities of a TEM
- Optimising the TEM for biological imaging.
Cost: AUD$150 per person (GST not included)