Please note: The closing date for entries to CAM's image Competition 2019 has been extended to Friday, 9th August.
Send in your best, most creative images taken here at the Centre for a chance to win and have your images permanently on show at CAM.
Entries are now open and can be submitted to CAM via email. The competition will close on 9th August, 2019.
Winners will be notified via email. All the winning images will be displayed prominently at CAM, and used in the annual CAM calendar.
This competition is generously sponsored by the Vanilla Bean Café*. Prizes will be awarded to the top 3 entries.
1st Prize - A $50 voucher from the Vanilla Bean Café, 2 EM sessions/ 7 hours confocal sessions** and a framed copy of the winning image.
2nd Prize - 1 free EM session/ 4 hours confocal session** and a framed copy of the 2nd prize image.
3rd Prize - A framed copy of the 3rd prize image.
- Images must have been taken on a CAM microscope.
- A maximum of 3 entries per person can be submitted.
- Images must be submitted in an uncompressed .tif format, 1024k pixels or preferably greater.
- Images will be judged on their aesthetic quality, rather than scientific content. A clever caption may influence the judges!
- Images may be false-coloured.
- By submitting an image to the competition, entrants give CAM permission to use the image in promotional material on the CAM website, in print, and on display at CAM.
*The Vanilla Bean Café is located near the foyer of JCSMR, on the floor above CAM.
**The EM/confocal sessions are to be used within 6 months of being awarded.