CAM's annual image competition celebrates outstanding images across all research areas supported by our facility. Entries are being accepted until Friday, 28th August for our 2020 competition.
- each entrant can submit up to 3 images;
- images must have been captured using one of the instruments at CAM;
- images that have not been submitted in previous years are eligible for entry.
- 1st Prize - A $50.00 voucher to use at The Coffee Grounds Café, 7 hours EM or confocal use and a framed copy of the winning image.
- 2nd Prize - 1 EM session or 4 hours confocal session and a framed copy of the 2nd prize image.
- 3rd Prize - A framed copy of the 3rd prize image.
First prize has been generously sponsored by The Coffee Grounds Café on North Road. The winning images will be placed on permanent display at CAM and all entries have the chance to be published in CAM's annual calendar and be showcased on CAM's website.
Successful images communicate a visual narrative through excellent technical skills. Judges are looking for microscopy/microanalysis images that are striking and well-crafted. Furthermore, your creativity in terms of image enhancement, your image caption and/or interesting story behind the displayed image will also be judged.
Winning images - CAM Image Competition 2019
To find out more about last year's images and winners, please visit CAM: 2019 image competition winners.