Entries are now open for CAM’s annual image competition. The competition celebrates outstanding images across all research areas supported by our facility, and is an opportunity for users to showcase their research.
There are 3 prizes up for grabs, as well as the chance to be featured in CAM's 2022 calendar.
- each entrant can submit up to 3 images;
- images must have been captured using one of the instruments at CAM;
- only images that have not been submitted in previous years are eligible for entry.
Prizes will be awarded to the top 3 entries.
- 1st Prize - A $50 voucher to use at Vanilla Bean Café, 7 hours EM or confocal use and a framed copy of the winning image.
- 2nd Prize - 1 EM session or 4 hours confocal session and a framed copy of the 2nd prize image.
- 3rd Prize - A framed copy of the 3rd prize image.
Successful images communicate a visual narrative through excellent technical skills. Judges are looking for microscopy/microanalysis images that are striking and well-crafted. Furthermore, your creativity in terms of image enhancement, your image caption and/or interesting story behind the displayed image will also be judged.
The winning images will be placed on permanent display at CAM and used in CAM’s annual calendar. The winning images from last year can be found here.
Please contact us if you have any questions or would like more information about this competition.