25th March 2020
As per the advice from the ANU, CAM will be closed from close of business today until at least 27th June 2020.
All booked sessions made after midnight today will be cancelled. Users will unable to access CAM premises during this time.
24 March 2020
At this stage, CAM will remain open during the COVID-19 situation, but with the following changes to our usual operation in order to minimise the risk of spreading the infection.
- CAM has hand sanitiser available at reception. All users are expected to use it on entry as well as upon exiting CAM. If you wish to wash your hands, hand washing facilities are available.
- All one on one, new user training will be suspended until further notice. For those with urgent work, please come and talk to us. CAM staff may be able to assist in collecting any essential data.
- Only independent, CAM trained, users will be allowed to book microscope time. CAM staff can still provide assistance, if required (changing samples, instrument problems etc.). We expect users to observe social distancing recommendations (1.5 metres) when interacting with staff.
- In order to meet social distancing recommendations, CAM new user inductions as well as any face to face CAM staff\user interactions will be limited to no more than 3 people at a time.
- Desks, mouses and keyboards will be cleaned by staff between booked instrument sessions.
- We will be suspending all our scheduled CAM workshops until further notice.
- It is expected CAM staff and users will follow the ANU's guidelines regarding social distancing, hygiene at all times, and staying home when feeling ill.
As this is a potentially fast changing situation, we will review our policies on a regular basis and advise you if anything changes. We will also endeavour to keep our website up to date with any changes to policies outlined above.
Please contact CAM if you have any further questions or concerns.