Participants will need to have attended the Introduction to Scanning Electron Microscopy (Physical Sciences) workshop, or have a basic understanding SEM and EDS, prior to attending this workshop.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, this workshop is currently being offered as a half-day, theory course.
This workshop will provide you with background information and practical advice for the basic operation of an electron probe X-ray microanalyser.
By the end of this course, participants are expected to be able to:
- understand how an electron microprobe works
- prepare samples for quantitative microprobe analysis
- perform standard calibration, sample analysis and results acquisition.
Main topics covered
- Principle of Wavelength Dispersive Spectroscopy (WDS)
- Sample preparation for microprobe analysis
- Matrix correction and quantification process
- Detection limit, analysis precision and accuracy
ANU students: AUD$90.00 per person.
Non-ANU students: AUD$209.00 per person ($190 + GST).