By the end of this course participants are expected to be able to:
- identify the various components making up an SEM
- understand how an SEM works
- understand the processes of signal generation and detection in the SEM
- understand how to optimise the performance of the SEM.
Specific topics covered:
- How does the SEM work?
- The Electron Gun
- The Electron Column
- The Vacuum System
- Signals in the SEM
- Depth of Field
- Optimising SEM Conditions
- Image Resolution
- Low Voltage SEM
ANU students: AUD$150.00 per person.
Non-ANU students: AUD$275.00 per person ($250 + GST).