This FESEM is used for ultra high resolution application at low and high kV.
It is also used for electron back-scattered diffraction (EBSD), quantitative X-ray analysis, mapping, and variable pressure applications.
Features on this instrument include:
- Five-axis motorised stage
- Turbo and ion pump vacuum system
- In-lens and below lens secondary electron detectors
- Angular sensitive backscatter detector (AsB)
- Energy sensitive backscatter detector (EsB)
- Gas injection needle for variable pressure/charge compensation
- Oxford Instruments INCA x-act EDXA system, 10mm2 Silicon Drift Detector (ATW, 129eV)
- Oxford Instruments HKL EBSP
- IR Chamber scope
All new users receive one-on-one training.
Attending the Introduction to Scanning Electron Microscopy workshop will give users a deeper understanding of SEM and help users to improve the quality of their data.