This workshop will provide you with background information and practical advice for the basic operation of an electron probe X-ray microanalyser.
By the end of this course, participants are expected to be able to:
- understand how an electron microprobe works
- prepare samples for quantitative microprobe analysis
- perform standard calibration, sample analysis and results acquisition.
Main topics covered
- Principle of Wavelength Dispersive Spectroscopy (WDS)
- Sample preparation for microprobe analysis
- Matrix correction and quantification process
- Detection limit, analysis precision and accuracy